Armenian International Women’s Association – San Francisco Affiliate
Part of the Armenian International Women’s Association
AIWA-SF is dedicated to supporting impactful initiatives in Armenia to help address a range of issues facing women in Armenia today. Each update from an initiative is a reminder that our work is important, impactful, and inspirational. Every time we visit a project in Armenia and interact with those we are influencing, we are encouraged and overwhelmed with a desire to do more.
Health Education for Medical Field Professionals
- Improving healthcare in Rural Armenia through providing health education opportunities to medical field professionals in the country in partnership with Children of Armenia Fund (COAF)
Health Education for Teens
- Comprehensive Health Education for teens at risk at Mer Hooys program operating from the Nakashian Children’s Support Center in Yerevan
- Comprehensive Health Education for teens at the Avedisian High School in Yerevan
English Language Classes
- After school English classes for disadvantaged teenage girls at Mer Hooys Program in Yerevan
- After School English classes for youth at Dsegh Village School
- English Program for youth with special needs and staff members at Bridge of Hope in Dilijan
- After School computer classes for disadvantaged teenage girls at Mer Hooys Program in Yerevan
Leadership Sessions for Teens
- Leadership sessions for teens at the Avedisian High School in Yerevan in partnership with Women Resource Center (WRC)
Business Skills Trainings for Women Entrepreneurs
- Professional workshops for women entrepreneurs of rural Armenia in collaboration with Homland Development Initiative Fund (HDIF), to promote their economic advancement
- Women Entrepreneurship Program (WEP) in collaboration with the American University of Armenia (AUA), aiming to teach women basic skills to create and run their businesses in Armenia
- Providing interest-free loan to women artisans in Armenia to help them sustain themselves and their families
Workshops for Women in the Bay Area
- Career advancement
- Social Topics
- American University of Armenia – An educational scholarship for two girls per year at AUA, along with an internship so the students can get both academic and real work experience. We have placed scholarship internship recipients at great workplaces including Ameribank and Women’s Support Center.
- Watermark Conference – Participation in Youth Program for aspiring Armenian students in High School.
- Manana Youth Center – Provide GoPro and gently used cameras to students so they can learn interactive media, photography, journalism, photojournalism, and writing.
Women’s Support Center
- Financial support to help the efforts of the WSC in domestic violence. Donations help provide shelter, food, legal council, mental, social, physical and emotional healing, relocation, and job placement.
- Emergency Support when the safe house is at full capacity.
Women’s Resource Center